17. Proper methods of breast pumping and milk storage
.Instructions for Egnell Electric Breast Pump
d. Example: Assembly Instructions of Egnell Electric Breast Pump
• Press the breast shield lid unit on top of the milk bottle until it snaps in place.
• To remove the lid, hold the milk bottle firmly with both hands and push the lid upward with both thumbs.
• Connect the tubing from the pump.
• Place the preassembled safety overflow bottle in the small recess provided for it in the pump.
• Place the bottle retainer over the safety overflow bottle lid so it fits snugly into the grooves and tighten the thumb screw.
• Connect the plastic tubing supplied in the kit to the pipe in the safety overflow bottle underneath the arrow (pipe connection).
• Connect the other end of this tube to the pipe extending from the breast shield lid attached to the milk bottle.
• Connect the remaining tube from the breast pump to the remaining protrusion on the lid of the overflow bottle.
• The tubing must he connected property or the overflow milk can go directly into the pump.
• Connect the electric cord from the pump to the grounded wall outlet.
• The pump is now ready to be used.
• Place the pump on a table in a convenient spot.
• Have a large glass of something to drink within easy reach. Drink only until thirst is quenched.
• Have a clean towel available for use if necessary.
• Mother should sit in a comfortable chair or upright in bed, sitting straight up or leaning slightly forward. (It is important that she not be lying down because it is possible to get milk backup into the pump this way.)
• Move the regulator toward "normal" suction according to nipple comfort level.
• The pump operates best when the regulator is set at "normal" suction. For very sore or cracked nipples, the pump should be used at the minimum setting only.
• Place the shield over the nipple before starting the pump. (Lubricate the shield with colostrum or sterile water.)
• Keep the shield pressed against the breast so that a seal is formed.
• To remove the shield, turn off the pump and stop pressing; the shield will release from the breast.
||4). Use of the overflow safety bottle: If milk should go into the overflow safety bottle, switch off the pump at once. Discard the entire kit and get a new one.|
Please submit any questions or comments to: BringingUpBaby.Com